The Unreal Tournament SDK
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

destination Unreal -> New Mapping Projects

#1: No icon The Unreal Tournament SDK Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:25 pm
    —
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Did anyone played arround with that? I think for mappers it must be a "must have" :Zwinker:

#2: No icon Re: The Unreal Tournament SDK Author: DELETED PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:53 pm
    —
No - I refuse it since I love UTs purity and low machine compability.

BTW - MH-MeltTownV5 update is now more acceptable state - disappearances may happen but very rarely!

#3: No icon Re: The Unreal Tournament SDK Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:53 pm
    —
This kind of shocked me!

New possibillities, and features. May UT live for ever.
But how do you implement such things in maps, while the server does not support it. All servers much update their systems and running configurations.
Sad, but true..... I think this does not last long ....its nice but.....it should have been released when the game was stilll young...., it is to new ... the game too old.... hm.... Confused  Crying or Very sad
It is interesting... but no thanks I guess....
I will give it a try and see what I can produce with this new product.

Hm........................................ Confused  Confused  Confused

I should brainstorm a bit with this. Surprised

#4: No icon Re: The Unreal Tournament SDK Author: Zacman_the_damnedLocation: Under your bed with a chainsaw :) PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:05 am
    —
It's pretty damn cool, but I think, as Terraniux said, this is really only going to be used by SinglePlayer mappers, for Multiplay too much work for Servers. I've had a little play with it, but haven't done much

#5: No icon Re: The Unreal Tournament SDK Author: Doom PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:31 am
    —
Kaal979 wrote (View Post):

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Terraniux wrote (View Post):
But how do you implement such things in maps, while the server does not support it. All servers much update their systems and running configurations.
Sad, but true..... I think this does not last long ....its nice but.....it should have been released when the game was stilll young...., it is to new ... the game too old.

right, agree, what, tho, i hope wont ever happens!  Laughing (at least not too all UT and especially UT MH, servers) otherwise ill no longer play this "too old" game too Sad  (ye i know what Wolfi said that we live in 2011 ... blah but still ...)

#6: No icon Re: The Unreal Tournament SDK Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:50 am
    —
DOOMinator wrote (View Post):
Kaal979 wrote (View Post):

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Terraniux wrote (View Post):
Sad, but true..... I think this does not last long ....its nice but.....it should have been released when the game was stilll young...., it is to new ... the game too old.

right, agree, what, tho, i hope wont ever happens!  Laughing (at least not too all UT and especially UT MH, servers) otherwise ill no longer play this "too old" game too Sad  (ye i know what Wolfi said that we live in 2011 ... blah but still ...)

You can compare it like placing a brand new engine in an ten years old car.  It just is not right. Two completey different poles of polarity.

#7: No icon Re: The Unreal Tournament SDK Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:27 pm
    —
You could be a bit more respectful of the people who worked on this for several years.

#8: No icon Re: The Unreal Tournament SDK Author: Miks PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:05 pm
    —
I'm glad to see that people already understood that. UT is an old game based on the same age engine which is meant to handle a few players with even a dial-up connection. Stressing the engine and severs with anoying stuffs "invented" will result in bad things happening.

Appologise for disturbing, if I did it.

destination Unreal -> New Mapping Projects

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1