Faves of the ut99 weapons
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

destination Unreal -> Unreal Tournament UT99

#1: No icon Faves of the ut99 weapons Author: EvilGrinsLocation: Palo Alto, CA PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:14 am
    —
I almost started a verbal war a month or so back when I said the bio-gun wasn't actually a real weapon. It's just a leaky snot shooter... or something like that. Never particularly liked that weapon, except with the excessive mutator.

Hands down, in almost any gametype, I prefer the rocket launcher. I prefer fighting in fairly close quarters and even with missed shots the splash effect from that thing is fairly devestating.

What's your favorite weapon from the original defaults that came with ut99?

#2: No icon Re: Faves of the ut99 weapons Author: rork PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:21 pm
    —
Overall: Rocket Laucher, The prediction that's required to use it, the suitability for spam, the combination of rockets and grenades, the massive damage that can be done and of course rocket dancing rocks :)

But every weapon has it's purpose and it's this diversity that's my ultimate favorite in UT.

In MH:
Rocket Launcher to sixpack Tentacles
Shock Riffle to kill pupae and flies
Sniper + Flak to kill Skaarj
Ripper to kill huge monsters (but not from around the corner), Slith and Squid
Mini for warlords and skaarjlords

In CTF:
Flak + Rocket Launcher + Ripper for close combat
Shock for sealing + Medium range
Sniper for long range
Bio to seal the way behind

#3: No icon Re: Faves of the ut99 weapons Author: SGTFrAnKo PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:09 am
    —
Well...my fav weapon is the Sniper Rifle..it can do some damage if you have the perfect accuracy to shoot only the head.

Why i use it? In every game i play i choose Sniper Rifles..they are a great weapon..and can be a perfect tool if it is used in the hands of experimented players.

Sometimes i choose the Bio-Rifle too,it is a really good weapon to close range battle..for me,its the weapon who does the most damage. (Without mentioning the Redeemer)

#4: No icon Re: Faves of the ut99 weapons Author: Ninja_Pirate PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:31 pm
    —
The Bio-Rifle is an incredible weapon if used properly. In MH, I rack up my kills on swarms of pupae with the Bio-Rifle than I do with the rocket launcher.

But my favourite weapon (Apart from the Enforcer, of course) is the Sniper Rifle. That, and the Ripper are easily the best for MH. On stationary, single targets, the Ripper will get you the most points if going for headshots.

In MH, I used the Sniper, Ripper and Pulse most of the time. Flak sometimes for Squids, Slith, Devilfish and other monsters who can't dodge or won't have a chance to dodge. Pulse to push back Skaarj and other such monsters. Ripper for the things I mentioned before, and the Sniper for almost everything else. Swarms of Pupae/Flies, I prefer the Bio-Rifle, then Shock Rifle, then Rocket Launcher. I've never been a fan of the Rocket Launcher. The Minigun is lame for almost anything MH related. I only ever seem to use it on fast moving Manta, or for Redeemer-firing bosses.

#5: No icon Re: Faves of the ut99 weapons Author: EvilGrinsLocation: Palo Alto, CA PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:43 pm
    —
SGTFrAnKo wrote (View Post):
Well...my fav weapon is the Sniper Rifle..it can do some damage if you have the perfect accuracy to shoot only the head.

Also handy for shooting Krall legs off.

#6: No icon Re: Faves of the ut99 weapons Author: NECRIS PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:44 pm
    —
Shock rifle and ASMD are overpowered.

destination Unreal -> Unreal Tournament UT99

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1