MH-Purgatorium
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
destination Unreal -> New Mapping Projects

#37: No icon Re: MH-Purgatory(finished beta) Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:19 pm
    —
Yh, that is true. I have a better solution, I'll rename it to: MH-Purgatorium
Which will never cause any kind of mismatch.

#38: No icon Re: MH-Purgatory(finished beta) Author: rork PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:04 pm
    —
I think that at the Manta/Pupae trap the gate has to be opened by pushing a button, if everybody dies before doing that the map might be impossble to finish.

At the other side, the gate at the flies trap is opened by a timer?

#39: No icon Re: MH-Purgatory(finished beta) Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:31 pm
    —
Very good point Rork, I didn't think about that! I should either change the angel's location or remove that trigger.
You guys are really great help! If I can do anything to help you guys with something then just tell it! Cool

To make a general overview of things I have to fix for a final version, then it would be these things:

- Sounds
- Second trap area
- Reposition gates at lower floor
- Monster(s) health
- Ammo placement
- Rebuilding the area's with extra decoration.

And did everyone like the level's song? Or do you want something else?

#40: No icon Re: MH-Purgatory(finished beta) Author: Data_Destroyer PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:39 pm
    —
Level Song is nice, i sent the 2 sounds converted via pm to you, try to test them replacing the problem ones Razz   Maybe the problem can be solved  Cool

#41: No icon Re: MH-Purgatory(finished beta) Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:54 pm
    —
General / fixed version available, see first post for details!!

#42: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: Data_Destroyer PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:38 am
    —
Nice job Terra! The map is working well, i will test again soon Very Happy1  

PS: You used the converted sounds or you edited them?  Confused   I got no errors about Galaxy Audio anymore Razz

#43: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:07 am
    —
Data_Destroyer wrote (View Post):
Nice job Terra! The map is working well, i will test again soon Very Happy1  

PS: You used the converted sounds or you edited them?  Confused   I got no errors about Galaxy Audio anymore Razz

Nice. I used your sounds first but that did not work either(Offline). The very first sounds and music I made were broken somehow.
So I remade the sounds from scratch, and used different programs to change them to their correct format.

#44: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:53 am
    —
The new version is present on mapping server, if you find any new bugs or like to see  things different then say it.
Then there will be one final version created.

#45: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:39 pm
    —
Well if there are any more suggestions or tips for my map, then I would like to receive them now;  So I can work on a final version.(Sorry :p, I am a bit anxious to see this map on the main server )DD has given me a few points, which are some minor improvements.
In general the map runs smooth and doesn't show up any major faults or nasty things. Well, anyone has more ideas for the final version when I would like to hear them with please :)
The final version will be ready next week, if things work out without problems.
Thanks in advance.

#46: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: rork PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:45 pm
    —
1 The intro still introduces your map as Purgatoy, shouldn't this be changed to reflect the new name?
2 Monster health seems a bit out of balance, 4K huge titan, 40k queen, 160k warlord (or smth) Titans are pretty stationary and easy to kill with ripper so could do with more health, warlords should be moving a bit more so are a harder target.
3 It was quite easy to move the warlord in a position the large projectiles would hit a wall while you can use ripper to shoot alongside it, at the same time you can easily shoot the projectiles with the shock to protect your team. Projectile damage seems right.
4 Manta trap: you removed the bait and the trapdoor, it's quite easy to run away from them backwards, same for the flies btw if you run backwards the right way, maybe add some obstacles, might be different in team games.

#47: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:58 pm
    —
rork wrote (View Post):
1 The intro still introduces your map as Purgatoy, shouldn't this be changed to reflect the new name?
2 Monster health seems a bit out of balance, 4K huge titan, 40k queen, 160k warlord (or smth) Titans are pretty stationary and easy to kill with ripper so could do with more health, warlords should be moving a bit more so are a harder target.
3 It was quite easy to move the warlord in a position the large projectiles would hit a wall while you can use ripper to shoot alongside it, at the same time you can easily shoot the projectiles with the shock to protect your team. Projectile damage seems right.
4 Manta trap: you removed the bait and the trapdoor, it's quite easy to run away from them backwards, same for the flies btw if you run backwards the right way, maybe add some obstacles, might be different in team games.

1 Yes, and No. Purgatorium is now the 'town' that is in 'Purgatory'
2 Yes, I agree.
3. Yes, that was the same what DD said, it needs a new position.
4. No, the trap is replaced / changed. About the flies yes, it is much easier to survive on your own, but I am sure at least 2 players will get there trapped flies randomly choose their victim.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

#48: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:28 pm
    —
160k on the warlord is absurd. Boss fights shouldn't be as long as the rest of the map.

#49: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:18 pm
    —
Haha, I know Smile its health will be lowered. It took dd and me like 15 min to kill it.

#50: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:55 pm
    —
If you want to you can adapt the warlord's HP on the number of players in the map like Phantoms do in MH-Terraniux.
Like, start with 20k HP for 1 player and then +7k for each other player. 5 players = 48k HP, 10 players = 83k HP, 15 players = 118k HP, 20 players = 153k HP.

#51: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:08 pm
    —
Nah, no thanks. I prefer to stick with my good old map strategy, if I put up things like that then people would probably think that I have stole it from somebody, even though you just granted the permission.
And I really like to avoid that kind of situations :Zwinker: .

#52: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:34 pm
    —
Terraniux wrote (View Post):
people would probably think that I have stole it from somebody

People normally don't have these sorts of weird ideas floating in their minds you know. Were you raised by FBI agents or something?

#53: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:31 am
    —
No it's just that I like to keep my maps unique in the way there are (being) mapped, and I prefer to not use your thing.
1 monster, one static health, one gameplay, one map that could only be mapped by me and no second thoughts like "hey, that is the same thing as in that other map, it's health is dynamic... must be copy pasted".
Just let me do it my way, then all will be fine ;)

#54: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:54 pm
    —
Final edition completed, see first post.

destination Unreal -> New Mapping Projects

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Page 3 of 4