Welcome to destination Unreal
Please sign in Here or Register
warning  Welcome to destination Unreal, To access all areas of this site please register an account by clicking here now. warning

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
CTF-UTDMT-Gangland New Mapping Projects EvilGrins 0 Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:34 pm
EvilGrins View latest post
Club Smiley Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:45 pm
DM-UTDMS-BULLFeartower2 New Mapping Projects EvilGrins 0 Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:50 pm
Screenshots Thread UT Screenshots and Movies POTS 396 Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:49 am
Dogs & Cats Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:48 am
Black Adam Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:47 pm

ATTENTION ADMINS : REQUEST ATTN IN MAIN ...KARKY!!!

destination Unreal Forum Index General Server Chat or Problems UT99 MonsterHunt Main Server
View previous topic :: View next topic 
DEXIE usa.png

UT Name: DEXIE UT Since: 2001 Gender: Gender:Female

votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:03 am
PostPost subject:No icon ATTENTION ADMINS : REQUEST ATTN IN MAIN ...KARKY!!!

ADMINS:  
I hate to be argue and fight over a game, but this issue is constant and today it was nothing short of blatant rudeness and bullying.  This person(s)  needs to be banned until they can learn to play with others and take his turn just like everyone else. While in the MIDDLE of a game, Karky wants a new map ... I told him after I finished the current map ..it was all his to choose whatever he liked.  Instead .. he stays and complains about the map, accuses me of playing all day long and then leaves. I continue to play ... soon Karky returns with a friend and revotes a new map and takes over.  My map is wiped off as well as my score and progress, and he takes over. See attachment for screenshot of the dialogue. I have the entire log if anyone is interested, but this is the portion of the interaction.  I don't know what your rules are regarding this ... but this is very aggravating to say the least. I cannot even go in and replay after he finishes ... my map is now "unchooseable" until the map list sorts.  I would appreciate feedback as to how to handle this situation??  TACO and KARKY ...is this a usual routine ??  Â I have always loved playing at DU ... but it has really gotten out of hand lately.   Sincerely, DEXIE

[img]http://www.destinationunreal.com/modules/Image_Repository/files/11089/undefined[/img]
Back to top Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
VLAD russia.png

UT Name: VLAD UT Since: 2002 Gender: Gender:Male
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:37 pm
PostPost subject:No icon Re: ATTENTION ADMINS : REQUEST ATTN IN MAIN ...KARKY!!!

Karky is a super brazen man, he does not notice other people and loves only himself.  Other players for him are an empty place.   Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
DEXIE usa.png

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:49 pm
PostPost subject:No icon Re: ATTENTION ADMINS : REQUEST ATTN IN MAIN ...KARKY!!!

Thank you for at least recognizing that I posted something!  Evidently. this is not against the rules ... which i find strange when we have a rule in place that you lose 1/3 of your score when you die. (to keep team killing at a minimum).   Shocked   I will quit whining about it and let King Karky do as he pleases .. he must be a large contributor.
Sponsor
DarkBeemo usa.png

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:06 am

I’m sorry to see you are going through this, Dexie, but I hope that the admins will deal with this. Believe me, Karky is just a score-hungry little twit who always votes for the exact same maps every single day and forces everyone to play them over and over every time, and cries like a baby when he doesn’t get his way or when he dies, because Heaven forbid he dies and loses his precious valuable points. I don’t want to start an argument, but it’s the golden truth. Trust me — you’re not alone in this mess.
Terraniux netherlands.png

UT Name: Terraniux UT Since: 1999

votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:47 pm

If my crystal brain has a clear recollection,  I remember 3 other topics already posted regarding the same stuff / content.

If you enter Karkas in the search options, you will a get a ....load of results.

But I stay out of  this, if you dont mind.
Back to top Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Karlthegreat luxembourg.png

UT Name: Karlthegreat UT Since: 1999 Gender: Gender:Male

votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:45 pm

I've had an encounter like this with him as well about a week ago. For some reason I was in an entrance to some room and he ran out with low HP while I was shooting into the room, not even blocking the door as I stood on the side. Karkass got killed by monsters and then started screaming at me for "nice block" and all other lovely things. Of course I was guilty of him being dead, not his own incompetence of running into the room to begin with (it was filled with mobs and tentacles).

As the map had ended, I voted for Minas and so did someone else.

Well, of course he calls that one a shit map (which it isn't if you know how to play this game) and our other special friend jej popped up. They voted the map away for no reason other than wanting to play their shit. Of course I got yelled at again after telling our friend karkass that I had also played a bunch of "his" maps.
Sponsor
Commander_ITA italy.png

dU.Staff
dU.Staff

UT Name: Commander_ITA UT Since: 2007

votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:54 pm

Thanks Dexie to Open a thread about this topic, since it's not a clear matter how we staff should have interact with.

Midmap Vote is a democratic Instrument for Players. As all instrument it can have proper and improper use.
In example, if a Map goes in Bug and any Staff is around, players can start a Midmap to bybass the problem. Or, if a unexpert player picked a Huge map when he was alone since he didn't know (i.e. GGW), and the remain players see it's impossible to play being so few, it's still possible to start a midmap vote to pick an appropriate map for the group.
Those are cases i consider as proper use of it.
Beside, i should consider pretty unfair for a Player, or few, start a Midmap vote while others want to play the map entirelly and they can do in a reasonable time. I think this can fit the case Dexie Exposed.
By my side, I consider a fair attitude let all players play Maps they like until end, as well others will play a map i like until end. Personally, i may like all Maps until people have fun and enjoy the server.

Unfortunatelly, we have a leakage in our rules, who enstablish uniquely that attitude it's a violation, and the relative severity. In cases like this so, I think we should proceed using common sense.  If this happened only once, and it happens anymore, we should invite the Player (Karkass in this case) to be more respectfull and avoid to act like that. In the other case, when it happens again or systematic, i may consider to apply a penality to the Player, especially if he use or invite other players just to let start the Midmap Vote, and worse if he/she use other accounts.
Anyway the distance between the Lecit and Unlecit use of that remain still  strict and it may cause confusion.
I should thanks anyone for your Contributive Opinion and of course i'm avaible on learning about Admins' Provisions.

Commander_ITA, Staff
DEXIE usa.png

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:04 am

Thank you everyone for the comments.  I am usually much better at diffusing a conflict, but I was blindsided by the boldness of Karky's actions.  His matter-of-fact way of discarding me and my opinion really made me mad.  I do not like to be the reason other players are banned, even though I do use the "kick" function in the game if someone is being obnoxious or attacking another player. There is one player that insists on coming in every evening and making things miserable for all. We kick, but he has figured out if he enters and gets blocked enough times it upsets the server and send the map to revote.  Sad  Twisted Evil    Evil or Very Mad (one in every crowd)

My belief is that there are no bad people, only bad attitudes and bad ways of handling things.  I have tried many times to find an agreeable solution. Karky and I have fought more than once on differences in the game, but we usually both say our problems and move on and play a peaceful game. I do not like when he messages and begs for me to vote a map... this to me is childish and again bullying.  If you do not agree with Karky .. you will suffer his complaints and whining... or in my case he will come in and do as he pleases (revote a new map).
The longer you know him, the more brazen he becomes in his actions. I think the player "TACO" is in fact Karky ... which means he logged in on another system to create the vote.  I have researched TACO and this is the conclusion I find, please correct me if I am wrong.

I agree the map vote is a democratic process and a good one, everyone votes and a map is chosen... if no votes a random map is chosen.  This works well.  I do not feel that it is democratic to vote out a map that is in session because you don't like it, this now becomes bullying not democratic!!  Maybe the answer is to make the option to vote out a map more like the "kick player" vote ... there must be 4 votes or more if there is more than one person on the server. If only one person on the server then only one vote is needed. (I feel this needs to stay the way it is)  However, If >1 (2 people or more) ... 4 votes are needed.  It won't work in every situation, but it should stop a lot of the voting a map out from under someone.  I see this happen a lot.  Once the map is voted out .. it cannot be chosen again until maps resort. Or maybe there is a way to put in If/then rule??

Just my opinion, which isn't worth much. I like most all of the maps and usually do not care what map is voted. However, if I have 20-30 minutes invested in a map ... It doesn't sit well for one to come in and vote it out from under me. Take care all and I am thankful for all of you great admins !!! I know your job is not easy and you do a great job of taking care of things!!!    
DEXIE
weapon_ripper  weapon  weapon rockets  dancing  wave Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:52 pm

Wouldn't be a timer on a midvote be an option then?
Like a minimal 10min map play is required after a new map is started up?   This prevents certain players to vote "their" maps all the time but also the accidental vote.

Just thinking.
Back to top Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Sponsor
DEXIE usa.png

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:35 am

hi Terra,
Not sure I am following you ...
My thoughts were:
If >1 player, then 3 (or 4) votes are needed to disrupt the game and begin a mid-game voting session.
If <2 players, then use the same timed vote as now.  1 player= 1 vote
The more I think about it the less I think it will work. If there are only 2 or 3 players in a game then no mid-map vote is possible.  Too many times in the evening there are only 1-3 players at a time.  I will think on it more  Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:24 pm

DEXIE wrote (View Post):
hi Terra,
Not sure I am following you ...
My thoughts were:
If >1 player, then 3 (or 4) votes are needed to disrupt the game and begin a mid-game voting session.
If <2 players, then use the same timed vote as now.  1 player= 1 vote
The more I think about it the less I think it will work. If there are only 2 or 3 players in a game then no mid-map vote is possible.  Too many times in the evening there are only 1-3 players at a time.  I will think on it more  Smile

Let me clarify this, with the use of a timed vote.

A little story, of a cleary repeating every day , every time event. on the server. To make this more clear.

I just made up some names  Very Happy1 .

*Ahem*

Tarzan, Jane, Jumbo and Kong (4 players) are connecting to an EMPTY server and are happily playing a map on the server (which is the current present map).
The 4 jungle players don't know the map, but they don't care, it''s fun.

While the map is still in progress, a professor ( Dr. X) joins the server.  He plays happily too, untill he is fed up with the map. He want's an another map. He shouts to the jungle gang : Please revote!
The gang says: Why?  Dr. X replies: Cause I hate this map, it's too long, no fun with short amount of people. Please revote, he asks again.
Tarzan and Jane think twice, but they refuse. Jumbo and Kong doesn't care.

After an half hour, the map has ended. Dr. X votes a map he knows well, and is for him mostly fun. The jungle gang doesn't know the map, and vote it with without problems.  
The new map starts and , the gang finds the map shitty as ever, but they respect Dr X's choice.  Why would you vote such maps? Tarzan asks to Jane. "I Don't know!"

After that map has ended, the map vote starts up again, Tarzan suddenly sees a map in the list he knows. Votes it and Jane does to.
Dr X. knows it too, but doens't want it. He votes another map. Jumbo votes the same as Dr. X, it results in a tie. (Kong was pooping in the bushes meanwhile).
Dr.X and Jumbo wins the vote.

Tarzan and Jane see and play the map, but they want a revote meanwhile. The rest refuses.......

And this is the part where the let's say 10 min timer comes in.  The mid-game map vote  IS DISABLED the entire match!
The jungle gang, and DR X. Can not revote a map. The vote is final.
So they must either play the map, or join another server. But, after the map is started, the timer counts down to 10 min, then the mid-game map vote is ENABLED.

What are the advantage of this?

- People must respect the vote , and peoples choices
- People are forced to play the map at least for a little while, if they want it.
- People may change their thoughts about the map, after playing it for 10 minutes.
- POPULATED servers, regardless of count, ATTRACTS PLAYERS.
- RESULTING IN A FAIR GAME FOR ALL.

Tarzan, Jane, Jumbo and Kong, and the evil dr X, are getting along more well!
Good times proceed. ( hopefully)

Hope this clarifies my idea.  I see a total disabling for the vote and put a timer on it, as the GOLDEN solution.

Terraniux[u]
Kryxix hungary.png

UT Name: Kryxix UT Since: 1999 Gender: Gender:Male

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:10 pm

I met with this "mapchange happening" before, but not with Karky. The jej64+jess64 pairment. Throwing me out from a map what i played almost 1 hour alone, and lost all points, map changed, just to play on some shit "stand still and put a book on your mouse to fire and do nothing" map...
Sponsor
viandel belgium.png

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:18 pm

It is impossible to have a normal conversation with Karkass. He has a selfish playstyle and toxic personality.
Will the admins consider giving him a time-out? A temporary ban for xxx matches.

He has misbehaved in the past and is continueing to do so in the present.
So I am asking you, do not let this escalate in the future.

Thank you
Karlthegreat luxembourg.png

UT Name: Karlthegreat UT Since: 1999 Gender: Gender:Male

votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:22 pm

Kryxix wrote (View Post):
I met with this "mapchange happening" before, but not with Karky. The jej64+jess64 pairment. Throwing me out from a map what i played almost 1 hour alone, and lost all points, map changed, just to play on some shit "stand still and put a book on your mouse to fire and do nothing" map...

Yep, those two do it too. There too it's only jej playing. Other than the "suk suk" and "lol karl suk dik" (yes, with that spelling) insults as soon as I pop up, it also keeps yapping about "vote???" so far as to wrongly claim maps are bugged, just to make people vote.

"it" has figured out that joining the server at some point somehow makes it crash. Did that minutes ago on Minas_Tirith, yet again.

jej (using jess or not) also keeps hitting those fish things with 1000000000000000000 HP in RuinsStairs instead of being a team player. I have no idea why they got so much HP, but jej just stands there till the map is done and gets even more points than those killing the big boss, instead of helping with the map.

The icing on the cake is that karkass and jej can't stand each other and keep having insult matches in French, other than agreeing on the "stand there, start shooting and use the taunt menu to have the game shoot monsters with 234982384283482348 HP by itself" maps they want to play.

Now, I do like points too, not getting killed, being whicked sick and clearing everything is fun, but there's ways to do it and there's ways not to.
Miks romania.png

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:25 am

I don't know why here it's not used a ServerActor easy to do, limiting monster's health to a certain value - any monster, and then let's see if Score Hunters (not Monsters Hunters) are gonna join for their usual mess. More than that, if monster has over 1,000,000 put it to 200 HP - this way of doing will make mappers to rethink their dumb ideas and to mind the normal way of doing working for community rather than messing up around.
Score based on Damage without restrictions was never a good idea - this is a TEAM-GAME, btw...

Just my two cents.
Sponsor

destination Unreal Forum Index General Server Chat or Problems   UT99 MonsterHunt Main Server
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: