How do you play MonsterHunt?
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

destination Unreal -> General Discussion

#1: No icon How do you play MonsterHunt? Author: EvilGrinsLocation: Palo Alto, CA PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:11 pm
    —
Yesterday paper played one of my map edits and said he was quickly overwhelmed, which got me to thinking. Map in question averages about 10 to 15 minutes playtime and while it's got a nearly endless legion of foes, eventually the counters wind down and their troops run out of supplies.

I've seen this edit of mine played on someone's server before, and when I played it with other players what struck me odd was they all cowered in their base and tried to snipe the legions of BetaKrall from a safe distance... which seemed weird to me.

· More often than not I play MH with the Excessive health/ammo regenerator on, which keeps bringing me back to 300 health.
· Very rarely go the sniper route. With any monsters I fight I'm usually fighting them nose to nose, with a rocket launcher or minigun or pulse gun. I fight in very close quarters against most every monster type.
· I have backup in the form of bots, usually 4 and sometimes 8 depending on circumstances.
· Not one to use limited lives in MH. I've got an unlimited amount so I'm not terribly worried if I get killed.
· Tend to cruise the redeemer about 10 feet above the heads of my enemies and explode it above them, gibbing dozens at a time.
Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Playing without bots or other human players makes little sense to me in MH. If I wanted to fight on my own against overwhemling odds I'd do SP; Single-Player campaigns.

How do you (whoever's reading this) play MH?

#2: No icon Re: How do you play MonsterHunt? Author: DarkBeemo PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:03 pm
    —
First off, I like to play online MH than offline, because the bots are just plain useless and stupid for me.

I like to help others out.

I like playing with a lot of people, but not too much.

#3: No icon Re: How do you play MonsterHunt? Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:47 pm
    —
Asking that question here is like stating the obvious haha. This is destination Unreal! MH is the thing here. But yes I do , online and offline. I'll get into this topic more later.
This was the most populated and most MH server ever, untill the admin's absence since 1,5 years.

And I am still mapping MH!

#4: No icon Re: How do you play MonsterHunt? Author: DarkBeemo PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:50 am
    —
Terraniux wrote (View Post):
Asking that question here is like stating the obvious haha. This is destination Unreal! MH is the thing here. But yes I do , online and offline. I'll get into this topic more later.
This was the most populated and most MH server ever, untill the admin's absence since 1,5 years.

And I am still mapping MH!

Keep up the good work!

destination Unreal -> General Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1