MH-B99_MinasTirith fix for all servers
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

destination Unreal -> General Server Chat or Problems

#1: No icon MH-B99_MinasTirith fix for all servers Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:11 am
    —
Hey-llo there.  Smile

There's a bug in MH-B99_MinasTirith where the game can end immediately during the start countdown.

I can't tell why I don't remember ever seeing it in the past, however I saw it happen twice just this week.

The bug is due to the map having a bot present.
I couldn't find why it was put there, as it's not needed for scripted events or whatever. (In UEd, choose a bot in the actor classes listing and put it in the map and that's what we have.)
It might be here on purpose to force monsters to fire before the game starts, or to help the team since it respawns. Or it might be a mistake. :/

On dU the bot starts with 200 deaths, and disappears after several seconds. (I have no idea why and would love to know.)
Consequently 2 things can happen:
- the bot is killed by monsters and triggers team defeat,
- the bot survives long enough to disappear.

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Map fix = open map, delete bot, save, close.

I'm thinking this bug didn't occur in the past because the game behaved differently then. Maybe?

Thanks to our admins for updating all servers with this version. Very Happy1
I would test it on the Mapping server but I don't have my login & password anymore. Wink I found them! But they don't seem to work anymore lol.

EDIT: screenshots!

#2: No icon Re: MH-B99_MinasTirith fix for all servers Author: EvilGrinsLocation: Palo Alto, CA PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:12 am
    —
Knew about this awhile ago ·
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

I've never found that playerbot to be an issue. Map ends prematurely sometimes, sure... but only if you take a long time playing it.

It's due to this map I started editing playerbots onto other MH maps.

Anyway, I've got that map with the playerbot edited with a Xena Warrior Princess skin on it now.

I don't play MH with a life limit, so I never noticed the 100 or 200 deaths the playerbot starts out with, but it comes into the game on Team Gold (as any playerbot does) so it's as much fighting the monsters as it's fighting players and standard team bots.

#3: No icon Re: MH-B99_MinasTirith fix for all servers Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:55 am
    —
Well at least someone knew lol. Razz

I'm assuming something changed with the dU mutator or nexgen over the last 2 years because I don't see how the issue (game ending at start) could not have been reported sooner otherwise.

#4: No icon Re: MH-B99_MinasTirith fix for all servers Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:20 pm
    —
Fixed version now on server  Embarassed  Embarassed

Better late then never...

destination Unreal -> General Server Chat or Problems

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1