Mercenary vs Skaarj
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

destination Unreal -> New Mapping Projects

#1: No icon Mercenary vs Skaarj Author: ChamberlyLocation: Vandora's Temple PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:51 am
    —
Do anyone remember this kind of map where Mercenary are on your team and your group take a fight force against the Queen?

I'd like to know if anyone remember the name of the map/link to it.

On the side note: Trying to find if there are such thing that show a group of monsters that are friendly to one and enemy to the other like Skaarj and pupae are friendly to each other but not friendly to Nali/Human. Any relation to this in a map will also be helpful.

(Maybe that will explain why 'monsters attacking each other' for the mappers who are new to MH Mapping. A visual info may be helpful but I'll get one made if none are out there.)

Editing:
I collected these info from the Unreal Editor reading the script class of each one. Using v436. Other version may be different if anything?

Brute
Friendly to: Brute, nali
Hate: Nali
Note: Behemoth and Lesserbrute may follow the same attitude as they are subclassed from Brute script.

Cow
Friendly to: Cow
Fear: Skaarj
Note: Babycow may have same attitude.

Devilfish
Friendly to: Devilfish
Hate: ScriptedPawn

Fly
Not defined, may has depended some info from ScriptedPawn script.
Including:
Manta - CaveManta, GiantManta; Squid; Warlord

Krall
Friendly to Kralls
Hate Nali
Note: If Team Leader, it will speak to SkaarjWarriors and maybe to other scripted pawn team leaders. And play dices.
KrallElite and LeglessKrall may follow same attitude order.

Mercenary
Friendly to Mercenary.
Note: Also speaks to the team leaders Merc. MercenaryElite may also follow order.

Nali Always fearful.
Friendly to Nali
Fear to other ScriptedPawn and Cow.
Note: If Nali see any pawn killing other pawn, it will fear the pawn killer. NaliPriest may follow order.
I think there are several capability using Triggers and Navigation to make them go to an area and unlock things.

Pupae
Friendly to Pupae, SkaarjBerserker/Skaarj, Warlord, and Queen.
Hate any other scripted pawn.

Queen
Friendly to Pupae, sometimes Skaarj/SkaarjBerserker
Hate Nali.

Skaarj
Friendly to Pupae, Warlord, and Queen. May ignore SkaarjBerserker.
Hate Nali.
Note: ALL other subclasses of Skaarj may follow order.

Slith
Friendly to Slith
Hate Nali

Tentacle
Friendly to Tentacle
Hate other scripted pawn.

Titan
Friendly to Titan
Hate other scripted pawn.
Note: StoneTitan may follow order.

The last but not least, and the main one of them all:
ScriptedPawn
Uhh I'll bbl, this one have a complex lol.
Note: If seen Pawn, it's automatic enemy. If other bumps into the other = enemy.

Special note: XC_Engine have the fix to stop monsters from fighting against other monsters. This may break a few default/certain maps that let monsters from other team vs other monsters team working but if anyone know any more info about these map do let me know so I can add the 'exclusion' to make it work as normal.

#2: No icon Re: Mercenary vs Skaarj Author: ChamberlyLocation: Vandora's Temple PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:39 am
    —
Updated first post. I'm guessing someone is going to question something.

#3: No icon Re: Mercenary vs Skaarj Author: EvilGrinsLocation: Palo Alto, CA PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:06 pm
    —
There's an Assault map like that, where 1 Merc leads you and your team thru the base, disappears when there's fighting, and then when you get to the end you gotta kill all the Skaarj without killing the Mercs.

Blanking on the name right now.

#4: No icon Re: Mercenary vs Skaarj Author: EmperorHunterLocation: Somewhere in California PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:54 pm
    —
There a assault map where your in prison and skaarjs come rescue you and your team from being executed or taken to tournament have to free their comrades break out of jail and escape on their ship waiting for you

Edit

Here it is
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

#5: No icon Re: Mercenary vs Skaarj Author: ChamberlyLocation: Vandora's Temple PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:50 am
    —
EmperorHunter wrote (View Post):
There a assault map where your in prison and skaarjs come rescue you and your team from being executed or taken to tournament have to free their comrades break out of jail and escape on their ship waiting for you

Edit

Here it is
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

I have not been able to get through the whole map, I wonder if I'm missing something? I didn't look in the unreal editor yet.

#6: No icon Re: Mercenary vs Skaarj Author: EmperorHunterLocation: Somewhere in California PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:44 pm
    —
Make sure you have bots assault the base order and follow the objectives and bots they know where they go

destination Unreal -> New Mapping Projects

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1