Switching Titans' projectiles...
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

destination Unreal -> New Mapping Projects

#1: No icon Switching Titans' projectiles... Author: EvilGrinsLocation: Palo Alto, CA PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:22 am
    —
...as I can't figure this out.

Initially I thought it would be cool to use monsters as projectiles, swapping the Queen's usual fire with pupae for example, but apparently that's not doable. Typically whenever you place a monster directly on a map you can alter what it shoots, and I do that all the time.

Monsters were not meant to be projectiles, I suppose.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be something you can alter in Titans. Which is to say, they have the same edit field (under Combat) for that... but even if you switch that Titans continue to throw boulders. Which is annoying as Titans are immune to boulders thrown by other Titans.

This is an issue with UTDMT too...
Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Short of creating a special Titan for a map, is there a workaround for this?

#2: No icon Re: Switching Titans' projectiles... Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:33 pm
    —
No workaround, titans' boulder throwing is entirely set in their script, so a custom class is needed to change this behaviour.
It's possible to make one that will allow to change projectiles from the Titan's properties afterwards.

As for throwing monsters, a custom class is also needed to accept a non-projectile class as projectile.
And then, possibly another custom class for every monster you want to use as projectile, to give them your desired physics behaviour while in flight (straight line, falling, or something more showy like flying monsters randomly thrown into the air with a tapering speed boost, leaving them with their normal flying movement afterwards).

#3: No icon Re: Switching Titans' projectiles... Author: EvilGrinsLocation: Palo Alto, CA PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:54 pm
    —
Cyberia-Mix wrote (View Post):
No workaround, titans' boulder throwing is entirely set in their script, so a custom class is needed to change this behaviour.

I suspected as much, given the LavaTitan that came with MonsterHunt.

#4: No icon Re: Switching Titans' projectiles... Author: DEXIE PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:36 pm
    —
wow, what a great idea though!!

#5: No icon Re: Switching Titans' projectiles... Author: EvilGrinsLocation: Palo Alto, CA PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:30 am
    —
DEXIE wrote (View Post):
wow, what a great idea though!!

I was working variations of monsters that can spawn other monsters, like the ZombiMother's "projectile" is to spawn dozens of zombis... which while playing MH is a bit of a challenge as they just spawn a nearly endless supply of enemies.

Worse if you're facing more than 1 ZombiMother...
Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Was working ideas for other monsters that could spawn monsters, and since I'm no good at coding I figured switching their projectiles to monsters.

Initial idea for Titans was to make them throw SkaarjBerserkers... but that clearly doesn't work.

destination Unreal -> New Mapping Projects

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1