MH-MeltTown
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

destination Unreal -> New Mapping Projects

#1: No icon MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:00 am
    —
MH-MeltTownFinal3

Who doesnt know the movie F.A.K.K.2 and the MeltingPot graphic
novels - the perfect scenario for a really great MonsterHunt map!
It works best online but also with bots though the monsters then
"care for themselves" abit much ... .

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

DOWNLOAD:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Alternative1:
Get registered or Log in

Alternative2:
Get registered or Log in

Last edited by DELETED on Wed May 18, 2011 2:36 am; edited 8 times in total

#2: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:06 am
    —
I just decided to put in any monsters I can get in my UEd!
AQeens Doom Imps and Barons Fisks GeneStealer and the Unreal monsters ... .

#3: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:50 pm
    —
Im having a weird problem!
You know I wanna try to subclass the seveb or xidiampack
weaponholder pawns and fill in a bot models properties.
But I cant open the weaponholder packages in the UEd!
However when I open e.g. the maps MH-Liandri or MH-LastVoyage
the weaponholder pawns are loaded although
the packages dont appear in the checklist.
At the moment Im trying to subclas my own package
with the working maps opened but cant say if it works ... .

EDIT: I found out that I can load the packages in my UTcollection system at least.
But im still wondering how to add them to my map ... .

EDIT2: Yohoo - it works!!!
I probably missed istalling the oldskool files
which seem to be required for the packs ... .

#4: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:27 am
    —
The "inhabitants" ...

Get registered or Log in

#5: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:50 pm
    —
I like to know if its possible to add this package FinalWorldsGoodies in a server map?
Get registered or Log in

They are pretty much the same as the PerUnreal weapons only abit better ... .

#6: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:48 pm
    —
Hmm If I remeber right FinalWorldsGoodies are from a single player project.
Dont know if it is allow to use it. But if new weapon comes up with a map. Will be places 99% to the crazy server ;)

Wolfi

#7: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:02 pm
    —
Ok - its only sad for the badass shotgun actually.
Btw - the players might like my older map MH-Brutes2 on servers:
Get registered or Log in
   Smile  

Get registered or Log in

EDIT: I tried to copy all buildings and mirror them but its a total mess!
EDIT2: Thats absolutely weird because I remember I did that befor with entire maps ... .

#8: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:58 pm
    —
What does actually happen if someone starts a cammed redeemer
flies too high and crashes his connection?
Do the other players proceed as normal ...?

#9: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:21 pm
    —
Please help!
The dumb monsters attack each others.
I also have this file MHCoopMonsters but dont know how it works in my map ... .

#10: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:55 pm
    —
Is the function 'ignorefriends' true or false in the pawn's properties?
Set it to true

#11: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:45 pm
    —
They won't fight each other online don't worry.

#12: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:44 pm
    —
Thanks!   Idea  
I must absolutely recommend the vertex editing and grid changing - you can make so much fast without disadvantage ... .  

Get registered or Log in

#13: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:09 pm
    —
I forgat to mention a problem which occurs while vertexing.
Sometimes the pivots jump over certain gridpoints.
Mone away the questioned brush and rebuild geometry.
Then position it again and the problem is gone ... .

#14: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:54 am
    —
Laughing   News from space!

Done so far:
all geometry except movers and lavazone
lighting and skybox dekos
pawns package with improved models properties and textures

Sill to do:
texturing
making lava zone
interior lighting
adding dekos
mover setup (nedds texturing first)
bot pathing and pickups
boss testing
monster balancing and placing
testing testing testing ...

Get registered or Log in

P.S.: Even queens and titans will be in the city ... .

#15: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:37 pm
    —
Who cares - I decided to add lords of each monsterclass in the castle.
They will appear in other colours and use their own projectiles ... .

#16: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:59 pm
    —
I want to exclude the UTMJMonsterhunt mutator effects from this map.
First because of the redeemers which cause crashes and also because the healthbars are nonsense.
What would that possibly be - a special mylevel code or what ...?

#17: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: EA_Elemental PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:06 pm
    —
Kaal979 wrote (View Post):
Thanks!   Idea  
I must absolutely recommend the vertex editing and grid changing - you can make so much fast without disadvantage ... .

When you say about the Grid changing, do u mean changing that little number in the bottom right of your unreal ed which allows u to move things for 1/2/4/8/16/32/64 etc. Cuz i would not recommend changing those numbers.

#18: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:11 pm
    —
I want to exclude the UTMJMonsterhunt mutator effects from this map.
First because of the redeemers which cause crashes and also because the healthbars are nonsense.
What would that possibly be - a special mylevel code or what ...?

If the map is on dU servers it will have to use the dU mutator. Only the heavy monsters part can be excluded.
Also, if your map crashes from redeemers you'd better see what's wrong with it.

#19: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:42 pm
    —
Its simply too much polys if viewed from top.
But on the ground its okay.
Is the strongmonster mutator for all maps on the servers ...?

#20: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:12 pm
    —
LongCorridor maps are excluded.

And your map will be a pain to play with the framedrop from the polycount. Place some big walls block the view.

#21: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:31 pm
    —
No - in the streets and buildings it runs smooth!
Also is it impossible to block with logical geometry just look at the screenshot ... .

#22: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:17 pm
    —
Also is it impossible to block with logical geometry just look at the screenshot ... .

As a general note, there's no such thing as "impossible". If the only solution to whatever issue in your map happens to be redoing half of it, you're going to apply your sense of priorities and redo it, or you forget your map.

#23: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:30 pm
    —
Weird - because I actually cant wait to play it.
Maybe you have some megascale kitchen or bedroom maps in mind.
Well - they are big - thats correct but they only work because they dont reach
the poly(surfaces) count per viewfiels which is necessary for MH-MeltDown.
At least when if say flying is essential.  
I experienced how my UT always crashes while the alienqueen
in MH-Godz but i was able to reenter and use the other rooms ... .

#24: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:21 am
    —
The new AirTiger:

Get registered or Log in

Mr. Green

#25: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:36 pm
    —
Final textures preview:

Get registered or Log in

#26: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:32 am
    —
Who can help me with a liftexit problem?
Though blocking the lift like crazy after a time all bots reach the upper level.
Except on which blocked the liftexit point all the time!
Also when I order a single bot to follow its the same ... .  

Surprised

#27: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:42 am
    —
Here's my solution: screw that no one uses bots in MH.

Last edited by Cyberia-Mix on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

#28: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:23 pm
    —
But bots are great - also in MP btw.
Imagine you come alone in MH+Bots servers and have no problems at all ... .

EDIT: The stuck bots but suck hardcore since the destination room
shall be filled with meanguys and if the lift cant go back down - merry Xmas ... .

#29: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:32 pm
    —
This server used to have bots in the first years but no more.

Reasons are:
1) They suck big time in nearly every map.
2) When playing alone or in small teams you don't want the bots to mess up with YOUR game (though there are the challenge servers since).

#30: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:19 pm
    —
Yeah - maybe right - imagine: the redeeming suddenly works!
Only colliding the box top crashes now ... .

#31: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:41 pm
    —
Get registered or Log in

#32: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:08 pm
    —
I imagined and balanced the designs of the new lord chars:
Slith - poison yellow-green
Brute - hulk like nude variant
SkTrooper - blue with gold eyes
Skaarj - lich gold like behemoth
Fisk - red with mask
GeneStealer - red skin/ black shield
Krall - the violet
Mercenary - wine red boss char
Baron - gray redish hellknight variant from doom64
Imp - nightmare whitelike with blue eyes  
Insect - blueblack (?)
Spinner - b/w

#33: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:11 pm
    —
Screens look interesting/nice , how long till beta version? Idea

#34: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:30 pm
    —
Maybe in two weeks!
Time used up now estimated 1 month (full time).
Im abit dissatisfied with the boss - because
he still gets stuck under chaingun fire ... .

EDIT: Well the collosion radius was indeed messed.
But under fire from the new sb chaingun (sr sound!) he cant do anything!
What a wimp ... .

EDIT: I replaced the subclassed firelord with a normal skaarjlord and changed after this.
This avoids the stupid stuckiness and maybe some more bugs ... .

Last edited by DELETED on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total

#35: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:35 pm
    —
Some new pawn skins.
Making is actually simple:
just collaging out the desired zones with a photo editor placing and colouring.
Then put a copy of the original about transparent it and youre done!

Get registered or Log in

EDIT: I btw found out that a placed pawn is better for changing
then subclassing what is somehow going to mess the abilities.

#36: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:13 pm
    —
Get registered or Log in

Yeehaw - skinning the pawns is so much easier - they dont increase the smallest pixel difference!
Now ill divide all in three groups (lords strong normal) which will have different sizes with different fatnesses as well.
The stronger monsters will guard the border areas for balancing out the easy path ... .

#37: No icon MH-MeltTownBeta1 Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:57 am
    —
New Version below ...!

Last edited by DELETED on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

#38: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:31 am
    —
Its on Map Testing server.
And you need a very fast PC for this map ;)

Wolfi

#39: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:45 pm
    —
My PC isnt the fastest actually.
Just dont rush in the gate and snipe through until the charge isnt that massive.
I fixed some stuff like reducing the fisks and giving the spinners liches correct skin and increasing the space ceiling abit. .
Now Id like to hear a server test result before launching a new version.

EDIT; Btw. - you must play this with medium level detail to see the lava through the crates and to compare the new skins ... .

#40: No icon MH-MeltTownBeta3 Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:10 pm
    —
I could check it on the DUTestServer and reduced the InsectMan and GeneStealer counts.
Im still unclear about the prisoners who "guard" the MonsterEnd trigger if they are all visible.
At least two for sure but maybe online the other four are hidden.
All other small failpoints should be absolutely cleared and the gameplay was fantastic.
I in order had to delete the original system files to allow the server adding the cache - (weird) ... .

Last edited by DELETED on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:49 pm; edited 4 times in total

#41: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Doom PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:19 pm
    —
good job Kaal! thinking that is your only 2nd map id honestly say that is a good job Smile
of course cud be a bit better (id say especially more detalied) but how im not a mapper id say isnt my ... bussiness (?) to talk about that
however id say is a big diference from previous one (Brutes, what i admit i dont really like too much)
even if i already heard some critics about it ... i always love new things on maps how now is those skins for monsters; maybe other think isnt too important that (those skins) but id say that still is/r a/some variation/s! after a time u get bored seeing same textures/skins/weapons/mosters/.... blah, isnt bad a small variation from time to time (k i know Bob and/or others, some things how wud be lets say some weapons, never will/cud be accepted here, what what can be why not then? Very Happy1 )
(thats why i also like, again highly/strong criticized by ones, Thunder's map; even that those 2 r made with inspiration from 2 movies id say that is a original idea (n what movies? 2 hits! to no more say about new monsters (snakes ... blah) ok, i also dont like that r big in size but overall i like them much; sry for this paranthesis on your thread ill move it later on the proper thread)
ok maybe someones wud say (or already said :Zwinker: ) mosnters movements arent so good ... blah, but i say once they r done/made/built/blah (damn my stupid english! Razz ) maybe ull improve them, so what i mean that important is that u made something a bit more original
ok maybe these skins (or part of them) already were used by another mapper on other/s map/s? well never saw them here on dU till now! Razz
id say ppl shud criticize less n help more :Zwinker:  Laughing
from me ... Keep on the good work! :Zwinker: (or "Hang in there!"  Laughing )

ahh, i also liked much that is a large map (good for many ppl), not too big, but ... (enough) large, how id like most Very Happy1 (i honestly think that many ppl wud enjoy it)

#42: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:45 pm
    —
As I just learned the DUMH mutator also works offline which is great because it prevents monsters attacking themselves.
Now since we got the file from cache all we still need is aa specified int file which integrates the mutator in practice matches.
Maybe someone who has one can make a attachement to share please ...?

#43: No icon MH-MeltTownBeta3 Author: DELETED PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:45 am
    —
Version Beta 3 added above ...!

#44: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:23 pm
    —
Added on test Server : MH-MeltTownBeta3  (I added Beta3 because of version Mismatch)
Wolfi

#45: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:50 pm
    —
MH-MeltTownV2

Get registered or Log in

DOWNLOAD:
Get registered or Log in

Alternative1:
Get registered or Log in

Alternative2:
Get registered or Log in

+ AntiMonsterTeamKill:
Get registered or Log in

Last edited by DELETED on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:04 am; edited 2 times in total

#46: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:55 pm
    —
So this is the completed version? Is it on main or / mapping server?
I will play it then. Cool

#47: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:58 pm
    —
+ AntiMonsterTeamKill:
Get registered or Log in

Laughing

#48: No icon MH-MeltTownV2 Author: DELETED PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:04 am
    —
Well - it was alot work and somehow the nasty insect men managed to stay overcrowded!
So here comes version 2 ... !

Shocked

Last edited by DELETED on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total

#49: No icon MH-MeltTownV2 Author: DELETED PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:05 am
    —
New version ... .

Last edited by DELETED on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

#50: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Zacman_the_damnedLocation: Under your bed with a chainsaw :) PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:14 am
    —
Its simply too much polys if viewed from top.
But on the ground its okay.
Is the strongmonster mutator for all maps on the servers ...?

Does anything else reach that height?

If not, Zone it off and put a CloudZone in there, anything that flies up there will be destroyed. (Maps for Grapple Mods often use this method)

#51: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:50 pm
    —
Well - after cleaning the grid positionings it actually works better now ...!

#52: No icon MH-MeltTownV3 Author: DELETED PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:28 pm
    —
New version below ... .

Last edited by DELETED on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

#53: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:54 am
    —
Again Uploaded on Mapping servr Razz

#54: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:31 pm
    —
THX!

#55: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:08 pm
    —
I hope that this is the final version, when we get v4 or v5, things are a bit confusing.

#56: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:37 pm
    —
New version below!

P.S.:
There was a pretty hidden bug in the geometry
but now it should all be well ... .

Last edited by DELETED on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

#57: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:27 pm
    —
MH-MeltTownV4  is now avaible at Mapping server!

Wolfi

#58: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:03 pm
    —
Youre basically right but the current problems are totally hidden.
Do you know it when you change a bit geometry and rebuil again and again to get rid of a bsp cut?
The same seem to apply in this map concerning pawn dissapearances and path building.
Now - the worst is that you actually cant see this like a bsp cut
and have to play half of the map each time to estimate improvement or not.
D#§%  
Smile !

#59: No icon MH-MeltTownV5 Author: DELETED PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 pm
    —
New version ... .

Last edited by DELETED on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

#60: No icon Re: MH-MeltTownV5 Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:02 am
    —
MH-MeltTownV5

Get registered or Log in

DOWNLOAD:
Get registered or Log in

Alternative1:
X
Alternative2:
Get registered or Log in

+ AntiMonsterTeamKill:
Get registered or Log in

Crying or Very sad  What did I just tell you......  Crying or Very sad   Sad

#61: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:18 am
    —
Cmon - abit spam in the forum news will never really hurt somebody ... .

#62: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:01 am
    —
Dont think Im proud of uploading again and again - but that gives somehow the required feeling for finding improvements.
I apologize for this and try better in the future. But you have to understand that I worked more than one month day and night
to finish the map and really thought the versions were final ... .

#63: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:38 am
    —
MH-MeltTownV5 works 100% properly online since I got to test V4
and all whats changed was rebuild AI pathing what made less disappearing monsters.
While playing alone on the test server no monsters disappeared though version 4.

#64: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:08 pm
    —
Im currently changing from beta1 again since the disapperances didnt hapen in this version at all.
Works pretty well so far - this will then be the real final version ... .

#65: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:51 pm
    —
Hahaa - it works much better now!
Though still one or three monsters disappear the performance magical increased by 20%!!!

#66: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:28 pm
    —
MH-MeltTownV6 now avaible on Mapping server

#67: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:58 pm
    —
MH-MeltTownFinal added in the first post!

@BlackWolf: Aeh - this is version7 now ... .  Rolling Eyes

#68: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:04 pm
    —
Whatever Razz
I still wait for Final one Very Happy1

#69: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:51 pm
    —
I indeed was still critical after uploading but this version (final) is truly maximized at least for my editor skills ... .

#70: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:54 pm
    —
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Enough is enough!

1. Everyone can write whatever he wants. If it dont fit the forum it will be moved. Spam will be not tolerated. What spam is and what not is thing of the Admins of the forum.
2. Try everytime to be nice. This is a rule of the forum. If you have a problem, to so solve it in a nice way!

This discussion is over here now. Every extrem post will be deleted.

Hey, we try to be a activ community. And what happend?  Everytime somene feels treaded on somones toes.
I don't want again that things on the forum, one forum restart because of to much "extrem" posts is enough.

Wolfi
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#71: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Zacman_the_damnedLocation: Under your bed with a chainsaw :) PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:38 am
    —
(More on topic)
Kaal, the maps pretty good, I only found a few small problems with it.

1) The city around the tower, because of it's size, you can lose monsters. The very last Krall I had to search for
2) Brutes and similar large monsters get stuck in the huts and become sitting ducks
3) Need Distanceviewtriggers or something, once you get a foothold at the gate, you can pick off most monsters via sniping
4) The final boss, NOT ENOUGH SPACE!! D: Those corridors were a nightmare to move with 2 players. With a full server, it'll be a massacre. Either decrease his speed and attack or give the players more space to move around.
5) Texturing on the huts was... odd. If you want to use that texture, try scaling it down to 0.25, it's too big right now IMO

Other than that, it's a nice map  Very Happy1

#72: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:38 pm
    —
Maybe you need to see it more as a challenging fun map!
At least I can not second your thoughts but negotiate them.
The monsters in the huts arent really stuck btw - they just await you inside.
I wanna make a spectator movie with bots and special cut scenes and youtube it ... .

#73: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Zacman_the_damnedLocation: Under your bed with a chainsaw :) PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:11 pm
    —
Maybe you need to see it more as a challenging fun map!
At least I can not second your thoughts but negotiate them.
The monsters in the huts arent really stuck btw - they just await you inside.
I wanna make a spectator movie with bots and special cut scenes and youtube it ... .

The end boss isn't so much Challenging as a nightmare. There's not enough space to manouvre and avoid his attacks (Which kill you pretty fast) and I was struggling to find space in a 2 player game. On the main server with 15+, no-one will be able to move, it'll just be a massacre, not a fight.

The Brutes get stuck, they can't shoot back at you or move, and are easy kills. Maybe make brutes only appear on the roofs or outside the huts? Most other monsters are fine, they generally find a way out or shoot through the windows. It's only the final boss that's a real nightmare, put a balony or something on the tower so the players have more room to move, or open that top room up a bit more (Reduce the walls) and it'll be fine.

#74: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:17 pm
    —
Hell no! If you got used to normal bosses too much is your problem ... .

#75: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Zacman_the_damnedLocation: Under your bed with a chainsaw :) PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:14 pm
    —
Hell no! If you got used to normal bosses too much is your problem ... .

Trust me, that's far from the truth, I've seen almost every boss imaginable ;)

The Boss itself isn't the problem, it's the building. Give the players a little more manouvre space and it works. At the moment, the boss gets you into a corner way too easy and as soon as you're cornered, it's pretty much instant death.

#76: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:21 pm
    —
No - youre saying your boss areas are better but I think they are old.
My boss is so challenging that nobody rushes in and completes the map
before the others even found a special weapon ... .

#77: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:08 pm
    —
Challenging like a RemoverSkaarjLord!

#78: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:17 am
    —
Are there problems for not uploading the map to either normal or crazy server?
I think this version works perfectly but on a MHCity server it didnt load.
I guess because of the triple jumps and other flying modes ... .

Idea

#79: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:30 am
    —
Map is still finished? I thought the last info you posted was not the last version

Wolfi

#80: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:18 am
    —
No new updates necessary ... .

#81: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:56 am
    —
I would be honoured to find the map on the DU servers
which are having the best setup and map collection
as I can know ... .

#82: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:59 am
    —
Made a new version final 3 with some brushes
set to semisolid for better performance and changed
basement windows and corrected skins.

Shocked

#83: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:02 pm
    —
Would be nice to know why this map cant be on the server.  Idea

#84: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:17 pm
    —
Smile

@ Bob - the latest version is in the first post!
Consider that the genestpawn package was updated as well.
This version is now a few months old so you can expect it
to need no more changes ... .

#85: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Miks PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:25 am
    —
Yea, genestPawn already have a mismatch version error. Changed ? Is a joke. What is changed ? 3342955 is the length for boths files with the same name, just a few bits are different and I'm very sure about Is only the fingerprint of the compilation's date used, not something different. If a mod has a single line changed, the length will be differerent. You have other version than these 2 ? Finally you want 10 versions ? You told about DU that here are quality works, then I suggest you to do quality not quantity.

I'm already using 2 UTs because ot these ideeas to release a bunch of files with the same name. You forgot to post what Skins are corrected.

Insect ? - I don't know the origins of this package but I know the errors returned by this crap.
If you want, I can show a nice console with logs about your creatures, even about both sides: Client and Server. Good luck, Mr. Kaal.

Next time put up a small unadverted server and test "your releases" there.

#86: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: mars007 PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:13 am
    —
Cool

#87: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:33 pm
    —
No - youre absolutely wrong.
I had to increase some new skins contrast level
what you probably never would recognize.
But with full brightness the difference was
too significant. Also did the pawns pretty
well while testing the first versions
on the du mapping server.

P.S.: Now - this is my last post about this map here.
Dont ignore or make your jokes about it.

#88: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Miks PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:52 am
    —
Really ? Check the client log according to those projectile used by Insect crap, and we can talk about them later. Do not trust in any package too much because is useless. I can deliver accesed nones anytime, that's not hard.

I think is harder to put up a small server to test a bit on-line. After game ended, check logs at client and server. Is good ? Only in your mind. Nice presumption.

destination Unreal -> New Mapping Projects

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1