MH-MeltTown
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  :| |:
destination Unreal -> New Mapping Projects

#73: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Zacman_the_damnedLocation: Under your bed with a chainsaw :) PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:11 pm
    —
Kaal979 wrote (View Post):
Maybe you need to see it more as a challenging fun map!
At least I can not second your thoughts but negotiate them.
The monsters in the huts arent really stuck btw - they just await you inside.
I wanna make a spectator movie with bots and special cut scenes and youtube it ... .

The end boss isn't so much Challenging as a nightmare. There's not enough space to manouvre and avoid his attacks (Which kill you pretty fast) and I was struggling to find space in a 2 player game. On the main server with 15+, no-one will be able to move, it'll just be a massacre, not a fight.

The Brutes get stuck, they can't shoot back at you or move, and are easy kills. Maybe make brutes only appear on the roofs or outside the huts? Most other monsters are fine, they generally find a way out or shoot through the windows. It's only the final boss that's a real nightmare, put a balony or something on the tower so the players have more room to move, or open that top room up a bit more (Reduce the walls) and it'll be fine.

#74: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:17 pm
    —
Hell no! If you got used to normal bosses too much is your problem ... .

#75: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Zacman_the_damnedLocation: Under your bed with a chainsaw :) PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:14 pm
    —
Kaal979 wrote (View Post):
Hell no! If you got used to normal bosses too much is your problem ... .

Trust me, that's far from the truth, I've seen almost every boss imaginable ;)

The Boss itself isn't the problem, it's the building. Give the players a little more manouvre space and it works. At the moment, the boss gets you into a corner way too easy and as soon as you're cornered, it's pretty much instant death.

#76: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:21 pm
    —
No - youre saying your boss areas are better but I think they are old.
My boss is so challenging that nobody rushes in and completes the map
before the others even found a special weapon ... .

#77: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:08 pm
    —
Challenging like a RemoverSkaarjLord!

#78: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:17 am
    —
Are there problems for not uploading the map to either normal or crazy server?
I think this version works perfectly but on a MHCity server it didnt load.
I guess because of the triple jumps and other flying modes ... .

Idea

#79: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:30 am
    —
Map is still finished? I thought the last info you posted was not the last version

Wolfi

#80: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:18 am
    —
No new updates necessary ... .

#81: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:56 am
    —
I would be honoured to find the map on the DU servers
which are having the best setup and map collection
as I can know ... .

#82: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:59 am
    —
Made a new version final 3 with some brushes
set to semisolid for better performance and changed
basement windows and corrected skins.

Shocked

#83: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:02 pm
    —
Would be nice to know why this map cant be on the server.  Idea

#84: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:17 pm
    —
Smile

@ Bob - the latest version is in the first post!
Consider that the genestpawn package was updated as well.
This version is now a few months old so you can expect it
to need no more changes ... .

#85: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Miks PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:25 am
    —
Yea, genestPawn already have a mismatch version error. Changed ? Is a joke. What is changed ? 3342955 is the length for boths files with the same name, just a few bits are different and I'm very sure about Is only the fingerprint of the compilation's date used, not something different. If a mod has a single line changed, the length will be differerent. You have other version than these 2 ? Finally you want 10 versions ? You told about DU that here are quality works, then I suggest you to do quality not quantity.

I'm already using 2 UTs because ot these ideeas to release a bunch of files with the same name. You forgot to post what Skins are corrected.

Insect ? - I don't know the origins of this package but I know the errors returned by this crap.
If you want, I can show a nice console with logs about your creatures, even about both sides: Client and Server. Good luck, Mr. Kaal.

Next time put up a small unadverted server and test "your releases" there.

#86: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: mars007 PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:13 am
    —
Cool

#87: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: DELETED PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:33 pm
    —
No - youre absolutely wrong.
I had to increase some new skins contrast level
what you probably never would recognize.
But with full brightness the difference was
too significant. Also did the pawns pretty
well while testing the first versions
on the du mapping server.

P.S.: Now - this is my last post about this map here.
Dont ignore or make your jokes about it.

#88: No icon Re: MH-MeltTown Author: Miks PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:52 am
    —
Really ? Check the client log according to those projectile used by Insect crap, and we can talk about them later. Do not trust in any package too much because is useless. I can deliver accesed nones anytime, that's not hard.

I think is harder to put up a small server to test a bit on-line. After game ended, check logs at client and server. Is good ? Only in your mind. Nice presumption.

destination Unreal -> New Mapping Projects

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  :| |:
Page 5 of 5