New features on private server (208 + 211)
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

destination Unreal -> UT99 MonsterHunt Private Server

#1: No icon New features on private server (208 + 211) Author: -BoB-Location: England PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:55 pm
    —
Development of the next releases of Nexgen and DUMH has started on the private server.

All the features below have already been added to the server. Please feel free to test and report any problems in this thread :)

- Sort the on-screen HUD player list by score
- Restrict the deemer * char to 3
- Unreal health items currently only heal up to their default value instead of 350. Concerned classes are Health, Bandages, NaliFruit, SuperHealth.
- Prevent spectators from receiving UDamage.
- Make spectators 'ghost' the maps -
- Prevent spectators from starting games.

Last edited by -BoB- on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: No icon Re: New features on private server (208 + 211) Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:20 pm
    —
I like to turn off the additional onscreen informations and the monster health bars ... .  Surprised

#3: No icon Re: New features on private server (208 + 211) Author: -BoB-Location: England PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:30 pm
    —
I had thought about making the HUD configurable. But its a fair bit of work to make an in-game configuration window. i hate all those mutate this and mutate that commands. so hard to remember. if i get some spare time, i will look into it.

What do you call the monster health bars?

#4: No icon Re: New features on private server (208 + 211) Author: DELETED PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:25 am
    —
-BoB- wrote (View Post):
What do you call the monster health bars?

This green numbers beneath the monster heads ... .

#5: No icon Re: New features on private server (208 + 211) Author: -BoB-Location: England PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:58 am
    —
You don't like that? I thought that was a very popular feature. It's nice to know how much health a monster has left. better than shooting him for hours and not knowing.

The last release included a change to make it more realistic by only showing the monster health when you look at them. It's not something I would want to remove tbh.

Last edited by -BoB- on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

#6: No icon Re: New features on private server (208 + 211) Author: DELETED PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:53 am
    —
Thats good for beginners like the regens
but for realists and challenge seekers its too easy.

#7: No icon Re: New features on private server (208 + 211) Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:41 am
    —
-BoB- wrote (View Post):
- Make spectators 'ghost' the maps -

Man this is amazing, haha. I think it's not as convenient as the teleporter hack I suggested tho.
Of course ghost gives you more freedom, but it's not a big improvement in maps like LongCorridor2006 where each areas are separated by a huge distance.

Not starting games as spec also works. Great.
Couldn't test anything else alone.

I think for the Unreal health items, you should move the new mutator to the test server. Then I make a quick test map to see if they work.

Also,
Quote:
Thats good for beginners like the regens
but for realists and challenge seekers its too easy.

This is plain wrong.

#8: No icon Re: New features on private server (208 + 211) Author: HellFireLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:45 am
    —
I didn't get that health thingy neither lol.
imo without that it would suck, not knowing how much health a monster has.

Rest nice work Bob, I like the improvements Wink

#9: No icon Re: New features on private server (208 + 211) Author: -BoB-Location: England PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:38 pm
    —
Thanks guys :)

Dem, I got the spec teleporters working, but there is one problem stopping me from finishing them. Credit to wolfi for coming up with the ghost idea Smile

#10: No icon Re: New features on private server (208 + 211) Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:13 am
    —
-BoB- wrote (View Post):
Dem, I got the spec teleporters working, but there is one problem stopping me from finishing them.

What would that be?

#11: No icon Re: New features on private server (208 + 211) Author: -BoB-Location: England PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:02 pm
    —
its a problem with the 'name' data type. and being able to read it in from a teleport, modify it, and write it out again. Its simple with strings, but hard to manipulate name variables. I got a reply to a post i made, so need to run a few more tests. fingers crossed!!

#12: No icon Re: New features on private server (208 + 211) Author: -BoB-Location: England PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:57 pm
    —
Woo hoo, I can do what I wanted now :)

I am going to try and set it up so the specs are still in ghost mode, but will also be able to teleport :)

I will make the spec movement speed even faster too.

B Smile

#13: No icon Re: New features on private server (208 + 211) Author: -BoB-Location: England PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:53 pm
    —
it works!!!

will put it on the private server soon Smile

#14: No icon Re: New features on private server (208 + 211) Author: -BoB-Location: England PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:11 pm
    —
It's on the private server now for testing. I tried it quickly and it looks good Smile

#15: No icon Re: New features on private server (208 + 211) Author: Shado PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:23 am
    —
Bug or not ?

i saw you cannot diseable the nexgehud on player settings
is a bug or is  on purpose?.

#16: No icon Re: New features on private server (208 + 211) Author: -BoB-Location: England PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:30 am
    —
It's on purpose. Only admins can disable the HUD.

#17: No icon Re: New features on private server (208 + 211) Author: Shado PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:21 am
    —
ok now i  think is the reasson why the chatlog doesn't work when the hud is diseable with my 112 version

destination Unreal -> UT99 MonsterHunt Private Server

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1