MH-Purgatorium
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
destination Unreal -> New Mapping Projects

#55: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: rork PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:40 pm
    —
Terraniux wrote (View Post):
No it's just that I like to keep my maps unique in the way there are (being) mapped, and I prefer to not use your thing.
1 monster, one static health, one gameplay, one map that could only be mapped by me and no second thoughts like "hey, that is the same thing as in that other map, it's health is dynamic... must be copy pasted".
Just let me do it my way, then all will be fine :Zwinker:

FYI: 99% of the maps don't use dynamic health and 99% of the players won't notice if it does.

(Great concept btw Cyberia-Mix)

#56: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:41 am
    —
No it's just that I like to keep my maps unique in the way there are (being) mapped, and I prefer to not use your thing.
1 monster, one static health, one gameplay, one map that could only be mapped by me and no second thoughts like "hey, that is the same thing as in that other map, it's health is dynamic... must be copy pasted".
Just let me do it my way, then all will be fine :Zwinker:

You're more or less saying that the idea itself is fine and you may have wanted to use it, but since someone else already did now you can't use it anymore. Don't you find this a little absurd?

I should make a list of the other things it's too late for you to use because I already did them:
- radius spawnpoints,
- music memorizer for reconnections,
- krall corpses with normal height,
- counters that go over 255,
- temporary invulnerability pickup,
- randomized monster placement in maps,
- bonus points for players when completing actions,
- mercenaries with destroyable shields,
- skaarj troopers without shields,
- monsters that become stronger as they lose HP,
- queens that don't freeze when teleporting,
- monsters focusing the player with the highest score,
- pupaes with poison attacks,
- tentacles that fire more projectiles when there are more players.

If you wanted to do any of these now you can't anymore. And the list goes longer as you add other mappers.
Still not absurd?

#57: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:23 am
    —
Quote:
You're more or less saying that the idea itself is fine and you may have wanted to use it, but since someone else already did now you can't use it anymore. Don't you find this a little absurd?

No I am not saying that. All of that stuff is cool, but I just refuse to use it. That's all. Nothing absurd ;), What's the big deal? Now shall we get back on topic please?

EDIT: And is it still not obvious my mind is totally different that everyone's is? I appreciate the help, but sometimes I just want it my way, even though yours might be better.
Stubbornness encourages selconfedence :P

#58: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:20 pm
    —
Hey cool Terra,
look like a real nice map. I like it if you try to keep unique even it is impossible ;)

@Cyberia
you can't let it to poke Razz Feel happy that good MH maps comes up and not the thousand old map conversion only with new Tag on it.  Twisted Evil Atm only old maps which new Tags avaible :(

Wolfi

#59: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:46 pm
    —
No I am not saying that.

Yes you are. You want your maps to be unique, and that's a good thing, yet like rork said you prefer a boss like 99% of the maps do?
I understand a lot of things like static monsters are "part of the MH tradition" but you should also understand that it's not helping the quality of your works.

What about BoomBoy's bomber shock balls in AfterDark? Exception that proves the rule?
You should be proud to use what other mappers have done to make MH better.

It doesn't matter if you use my stuff or not. I'm just trying to explain why your logic is nonsense.
I'm not the owner of those things. They are common sense. I just happen to be the person who used them first in MH.

Your map is already updated. :Zwinker:

#60: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:46 pm
    —
You mis-intepretate my posts often, that's all I can say. And I think that shouting the word 'absurd' multiple times, is not very kind.

#61: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:03 pm
    —
I asked embarrassing questions and you stopped talking about yourself. That's fine too!

Walked around the update. I love the new skybox!

#62: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:06 pm
    —
Well, I hope can get on main soon.

#63: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:39 am
    —
Well, then I guess it is ready to go on main, or I am too soon to say such things? I am about to reinstall my pc and will take me some serious time to set up everything correctly again -- all games, programs etc...
If there should be one last second fix then say it now, otherwise I expect it to be on main soon Twisted Evil . For commenting on the forum I can use the computer at work, but I am sure that won't be necessary.

Thanks.

#64: No icon Re: MH-Purgatorium Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:02 pm
    —
Notify me when it is available on main server, please!
In the meantime I can focus on my other projects.

Edit: Thanks, it's uploaded.

destination Unreal -> New Mapping Projects

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
Page 4 of 4