New UT in progress ?
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

destination Unreal -> Unreal Tournament UT99

#1: No icon New UT in progress ? Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:05 pm
    —
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Would be nice... but what ever UT XX will be developed, nothing can reach UT99 ;)

Great would be a UT HD (like Serious Sam did).

#2: No icon Re: New UT in progress ? Author: Ninja_Pirate PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:58 pm
    —
Epic have confirmed they're interested in returning to the Unreal world. No one knows if that'll be another Unreal game or Unreal Tournament.

I think a HD remake would be a really good move, especially if they release it on Steam. It'd sell plenty of copies and then maybe they'd realise how many people still love UT. I mean, the HD remakes of Serious Sam sold quite well.

#3: No icon Re: New UT in progress ? Author: Janssen PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:07 pm
    —
Would be nice to have a new UT but the problem is that Epic is not creating trends like it used to, it is following them. So even if a new UT was released tomorrow, it has my vote of no-confidence, because while they are portraying themselves as innovators, they really aren't. They try to sell their engines as innovative but the game itself isn't.

Code:
Provide direction for the code architecture of a next-gen game engine

Again with the "next-gen code engine", what about a next-gen game itself? Already bad bad sign. This is how they should rephrase it:

Quote:
Provide direction for the design architecture of a next-gen game

And here would be advice for free: A Next-gen game would be a hybrid between a FPS and a MMORPG. It would have all the play style of a FPS but it would be immersed in an open-world MMORPG. People would level, buy better guns instead of "swords". Monsterhunt would already be a glimpse of what it is.

But then, no innovation. Every game today is like a clone of another game. Epic is no trend maker anymore.

#4: No icon Re: New UT in progress ? Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:17 pm
    —
Janssen wrote (View Post):
But then, no innovation. Every game today is like a clone of another game. Epic is no trend maker anymore.

I( have nothing against clones... if the make a good clone.
Since UT2003 til UT3 (for me) the player size looks like evetime smaller. In UT99 if you stand infront a player you can see all details of the skin. Now it looks like my small devil brother :P

I still hope they make a good UT99 clone with goes back to the roots. And not use every UT version to show the new UT Engine with better graphics...

Wolfi

#5: No icon Re: New UT in progress ? Author: Janssen PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:34 pm
    —
They're as obsessed with their "engine" as the size of their you-know-what...

I got a bigger "engine" than he does!

#6: No icon Re: New UT in progress ? Author: rork PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:40 pm
    —
I totally agree with Jannsen here, I think EPIC primarily used UT3 to show off the engine while not enough attention was payed to gameplay. Making the player smaller may have something to do with it. Also players tend to blend into the environments on the default maps (this is solved as soon as mappers start releasing boxes), hence it's more like a search and destroy game then a duel game.

A fps (mmo)rpg does sound interesting or a nice adventure like Unreal. Ah well, I'm not following any of these developments so they might as well exist.

#7: No icon Re: New UT in progress ? Author: Janssen PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:49 pm
    —
Hey, ever noticed that there was always innovation in console games yet the console itself never changed? Just think of all the innovation there was on the nintendo, then super nintendo, and all the new game styles that were released back then. The problem was not the engine but what you could make with it.

Either they have engine-envy, or... worse...   They think their customers have engine-envy. Oh oh. "Hey, i bought the new UT, so i have a bigger engine then yours!"

They used to say, The bigger the car the smaller the...

The bigger the engine?

#8: No icon Re: New UT in progress ? Author: Janssen PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:11 pm
    —
Quote:
Since UT2003 til UT3 (for me) the player size looks like evetime smaller. In UT99 if you stand infront a player you can see all details of the skin. Now it looks like my small devil brother Razz

Big sprites are a trademark of successful games, like SF2. But then, SF2 like Unreal, made the mistake of getting bad characters into the game, like Deejay, T-Hawk, etc. and so did Unreal.

Aren't they in mech suits as well now?

Engine-envy and mech-envy... Some people are really trying to compensate for a lack of something. It's a strange customer base, i tell you. Ever noticed that the whole engine and mech fads are gross for people that don't have problems in that area? It really looks as if these ppl are not in the business of selling games but into compensating a certain clientele.

#9: No icon Re: New UT in progress ? Author: test PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:38 pm
    —
A new UT game with the graphics from UT3, and the gameplay from 99 that would be perfect!

#10: No icon Re: New UT in progress ? Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:43 pm
    —
test wrote (View Post):
A new UT game with the graphics from UT3, and the gameplay from 99 that would be perfect!

Yeah I think the same , too. BUT...  Rolling Eyes

it Seams that many UT99 players are playing with extrem old hardware....
(
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
)
So every new game which needs newer hardware is forbidden  Twisted Evil

Wolfi

#11: No icon Re: New UT in progress ? Author: Janssen PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:28 pm
    —
Nah, i got recent hardware. And i found a way to play world of warcraft in 640x480, but again it wasn't really a good game. It was fun sight-seeing, a lot of areas like Northrend were amazing to walk in but once i have, the game doesn't have any interest. It doesn't  compare to games of old that i've been playing, like recently Arctic MUD, and it's a text-based game. Games are genuinely disintegrating just like movies and tv series. Just compare the following from the 80s with Dragonball Z. And it's the same with everything else.

Link

destination Unreal -> Unreal Tournament UT99

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1