Welcome to destination Unreal
Please sign in Here or Register
warning  Welcome to destination Unreal, To access all areas of this site please register an account by clicking here now. warning

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
CTF-UTDMT-Gangland New Mapping Projects EvilGrins 0 Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:34 pm
EvilGrins View latest post
Club Smiley Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:45 pm
DM-UTDMS-BULLFeartower2 New Mapping Projects EvilGrins 0 Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:50 pm
Screenshots Thread UT Screenshots and Movies POTS 396 Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:49 am
Dogs & Cats Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:48 am
Black Adam Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:47 pm

New map from me... give it a try... =)

destination Unreal Forum Index Mapping Development and Skinning
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Terraniux netherlands.png

UT Name: Terraniux UT Since: 1999

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:51 pm
PostPost subject:No icon New map from me... give it a try... =)

I did share it on HUTP, how can I forget Du?

DM-humidfields

(online mod online - sniper , deemer, shock etc... )

Download
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

It's in beta version now, waiting for commentary to improve...

There are no monsters or weapons yet, just terrain and such.

Asking for people , to test if its stable....

Monsters and sounds etc... will be added later.

Please enjoy
[/quote]
Back to top Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
EvilGrins usa.png

UT Name: Doppleganger UT Since: 1999 Gender: Gender:Male
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:12 pm
PostPost subject:No icon Re: New map from me... give it a try... =)

Have you used this design before?

That looks familiar. Was just discussing a map that looked like that with Nelsona earlier.

Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in
Back to top Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:58 pm

EvilGrins wrote (View Post):
Have you used this design before?

That looks familiar. Was just discussing a map that looked like that with Nelsona earlier.

Yeah it could be. Not sure. Hoping for more commentary , so I can think of the purpose of the map..

Monsterhunt!  Cool
Back to top Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Sponsor
Karlthegreat luxembourg.png

UT Name: Karlthegreat UT Since: 1999 Gender: Gender:Male

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:51 pm

Will there be a possiblity to butcher cows and/or nalis?

On a more serious note, hopefully not the opposite of what you expected:
- I thought a bit about a scenario behind it, here's my ideas along with some other thoughts.
- The galleon very much reminds me of Koos galleon (DM-KGalleon). For MH I would take that as the initial starting point and make it so players start in the belly of the ship (put some other less fortunate and already dead prisoners in cells? make it a break out of your prison ship scenario?) and have to fight their way up against some skaarj. I liked the elevators and sails in the original galleon so much. Also the ship is not very deep in the water, unless you want to name it Wasa ofc... ugly
- There could be some power grids (think blue lightning bolts-ish) preventing moves and that you need to switch off first (if we stay in the prison island idea for example), or better yet have cleaned up first as well. Full clean only allowing the triggering of the next part kills off our rusher friends. That would require barring access to the top field, though. On the other hand that wouldn't necessarily be bad and make it a bit more claustrophobic.
- The turrets look fun, good spots for nasty skaarj snipers (acting as prison guards?). Any elevators or ladders possible? On the other hand it could also be more ramp fun where you have to go through climb sequences instead of ladders/elevators.

- I didn't hop around for an eternity, but didn't experience any crashes so far.

The many different paths definitely make it look very interesting. The map could easily be expanded further in that way.

Would definitely also love to see this map with monsters and see how it behaves then :)

PS: How's it going on the other two maps we playtested a few months ago?
Back to top Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
EvilGrins usa.png

UT Name: Doppleganger UT Since: 1999 Gender: Gender:Male
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:04 pm

Terraniux wrote (View Post):
Yeah it could be. Not sure.

Nah, I was thinking of one of Thunderbolt's maps, Monsters of the Caribbean.

Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in
Back to top Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:19 pm

Karlthegreat wrote (View Post):
Will there be a possiblity to butcher cows and/or nalis?

On a more serious note, hopefully not the opposite of what you expected:
- I thought a bit about a scenario behind it, here's my ideas along with some other thoughts.
- The galleon very much reminds me of Koos galleon (DM-KGalleon). For MH I would take that as the initial starting point and make it so players start in the belly of the ship (put some other less fortunate and already dead prisoners in cells? make it a break out of your prison ship scenario?) and have to fight their way up against some skaarj. I liked the elevators and sails in the original galleon so much. Also the ship is not very deep in the water, unless you want to name it Wasa ofc... ugly
- There could be some power grids (think blue lightning bolts-ish) preventing moves and that you need to switch off first (if we stay in the prison island idea for example), or better yet have cleaned up first as well. Full clean only allowing the triggering of the next part kills off our rusher friends. That would require barring access to the top field, though. On the other hand that wouldn't necessarily be bad and make it a bit more claustrophobic.
- The turrets look fun, good spots for nasty skaarj snipers (acting as prison guards?). Any elevators or ladders possible? On the other hand it could also be more ramp fun where you have to go through climb sequences instead of ladders/elevators.

- I didn't hop around for an eternity, but didn't experience any crashes so far.

The many different paths definitely make it look very interesting. The map could easily be expanded further in that way.

Would definitely also love to see this map with monsters and see how it behaves then :)

PS: How's it going on the other two maps we playtested a few months ago?

Thank you for the feedback!

Yeah the ship is Galleon. Could find any other beauty such as this ship. Nor could I find a way to recreate such meshes......

Yeah the story as you are saying is a good idea.  In reverse would be good as well! A run to the ship... Idea

For all I care now is that the map is stable, for I will not touch the terrain any further.  This map could handle a full server yes.

Returning to the editor soon...

Thanks again!
Sponsor
Ath3na france.png

UT Name: ~Athena~ UT Since: 2001 Gender: Gender:Female
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:05 pm

What kind of commentary do you want ?

This is what I can say. It's a good start, I love the idea of this harbor in a heavenly setting.
I love too the cascading pools. And yes un run toward the ship would be great, the reverse too because this scenario is rarer.

However, imho, the decorations are a little too square. It lacks rounding, arches : it would give a more realistic rendering. As well as flowers like the ones Jazzyb used in Project Xenome Interloper ("Signs and Portents" map). Some lifts will be useful instead of some boots.

May be the passage between the two basins deserves to be wider.

I'm not sure these are the commentary you expected ?

PS : sorry for my poor english  Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:32 pm

Ath3na wrote (View Post):
What kind of commentary do you want ?

This is what I can say. It's a good start, I love the idea of this harbor in a heavenly setting.
I love too the cascading pools. And yes un run toward the ship would be great, the reverse too because this scenario is rarer.

However, imho, the decorations are a little too square. It lacks rounding, arches : it would give a more realistic rendering. As well as flowers like the ones Jazzyb used in Project Xenome Interloper ("Signs and Portents" map). Some lifts will be useful instead of some boots.

May be the passage between the two basins deserves to be wider.

I'm not sure these are the commentary you expected ?

PS : sorry for my poor english  Embarassed

It's perfect! Thank you! Very Happy1

destination Unreal Forum Index   Mapping Development and Skinning
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: