Welcome to destination Unreal
Please sign in Here or Register
warning  Welcome to destination Unreal, To access all areas of this site please register an account by clicking here now. warning

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
CTF-UTDMT-Gangland New Mapping Projects EvilGrins 0 Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:34 pm
EvilGrins View latest post
Club Smiley Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:45 pm
DM-UTDMS-BULLFeartower2 New Mapping Projects EvilGrins 0 Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:50 pm
Screenshots Thread UT Screenshots and Movies POTS 396 Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:49 am
Dogs & Cats Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:48 am
Black Adam Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:47 pm

err?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       printer-friendly view   Thank Post
destination Unreal Forum Index General Server Chat or Problems UT99 MonsterHunt Main Server
View previous topic :: View next topic 
HellFire netherlands.png

UT Name: }ElitE{HellFire` UT Since: 1999 Gender: Gender:Male
votes: 6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:28 pm
PostPost subject:No icon err?

whatever the reason was to get rid of tricky and impossible some info would be nice.
probably wolfi played around a bit and noticed the map contained BT and should get deleted asap.
since i'm pretty sure this is the reason let me enlight myself, if tricky got removed for the spawn only it just nothing more then pathetic.
impossible contains a lot of BT the reason u would think about deleting it i could have a tiny bit of understanding for, the problem is you probably only played it about 2 seconds..
it has shortcuts on spawn, if u can't do the BT u can take the teleport and enter the boss room, after the boss is death you're forced to do the next BT part but if you can't manage it you can again wait at spawn for the shortcut to open.
i made that version on request of BoB, since the V1 didn't had any shortcuts apart from the titan and queen.
but BoB stayed fair even if he didn't like the map he still put it on and since many players liked it, why not?
so i suggest it gets added back since it seems more about personal taste then BT involved, tricky has like 3 pilars in the entire map, 9/10 makes those jumps since u can use the red blocks on the end of the pilar too (which are bigger).
wanna hear my personal taste about ATAA? no u don't, and if u would it wouldn't get removed even it's the most ugly and repetitive MH map that exists since many players like it, same that they did to impossible.
stats don't lie, the number of players increasing if that map got on compared to the map before that.
another reason to make impossible was to make the BT harder every room, it gets a challenge for players to see how far they can get, if they can't pass it they can use the spawn teleport to skip it.
i wanna hear BoB's story in this, since he added it and didn't remove it even if he didn't like it himself, but he knew others would.

fucking pathetic this is tbh.
Back to top Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
BlackWolf germany.png

dU.Staff
dU.Staff

UT Name: dU.BlackWolf UT Since: 1999
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:49 pm
PostPost subject:No icon Re: err?

HellFire wrote (View Post):
whatever the reason was to get rid of tricky and impossible some info would be nice.

Np...

Quote:
probably wolfi played around a bit and noticed the map contained BT and should get deleted asap.
since i'm pretty sure this is the reason let me enlight myself, if tricky got removed for the spawn only it just nothing more then pathetic.

The maps are not deleted, they are only moved the the right server there the other BT maps are. The Crazy server.

Since the MH Server ist created (good old |bah| times many years ago) we tryed to keep Voicepacks, extrem skins, special hard weapons and BT away from the server. Yeah, I was many weeks away and I dont know the most things what happend.
And after I played the maps yesterday (much more than 2sec) I see that the maps don't fit for the server. I know now you say: Other player like it and want it back... many palyers want 1000 Voicepacks and 1000 skins , too.
We created the crazy server for that kind of maps, so they are not lost.

The main server is a MH server and not a hopping Mario bros one.  I know that you love BT but not on main.

Before we write now 1000 posts about that topic. Pls look at the main page at the Server list at the last one. Bob will contact you soon about some questions.
You can also read the chatlog from here :
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Greets and don't be annoyed

Wolfi
Back to top Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
HellFire netherlands.png

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:13 pm

as i said, i understand it contains BT and u want the server BT free, but i added these teleporters already cos BoB requested those to get it added to the main.
it never happened that the map got stuck because there wasn't anyone to finish it, i don't see that with the tele shortcuts it can't be on the main, maybe remove it from the new map list so it get only get voted once i don't care.
to me the map being on the crazy server doesn't make much sense neither since you mostly only have like 1-3 players on there, means there has to be 1/3 that needs skill to finish the last few pars, which i don't see happen.
also it's like made for nothing since i never play there and so don't many, on the main it had the chance to be popular and it kinda was.
last about this, tricky just can't be on there because it has 3 pilars, even that Gauntlet map has BT on the end with traps and like 15 pilars, blocks.
i think i saw 1 player leave in the time that map has been on because he couldn't do the spawn, rest of the 16+? players who have played it were able to make it.

i did look at the chatlog, same as i said here, having that map on there is kinda pointless since i don't see many players going there, it's a cool map for 12+ like on the main it had that ammount of players like most of the time.
sure it has much BT, sure it's hard, but see it as a challenge to many players and many even people who always complain or suck at BT did play it multiple times, proving it does well even for less skilled players.
u can always leave if u hate it, not sure i can remember the ammount of time i left for ATAA, BoomBoom, ShootingGuys and repetitive maps like this.
why wouldn't u just break that |bah| tradition for only this map, it's popular, does well on the main and gets voted often.
it's not like 1 hard BT containing map would ruin the server, if it stays with this one.
imo it's cool to have one really hard map that people do want to play after a while to have a challenge.
if i was making maps for unpopulated servers believe me i would quit a long time ago.

idea of the BT / BT-MH maps is cool, i will be in for that.
all i'm asking for is to leave just this map on the main, as i said now like three times since as i saw in chatlogs a few immediately noticed it was gone and asked where it was.
i do understand your point of view just read this well and decide again, making a popular map that gets transferred to some less populated server means this map + the V2 was a huge waste of time.

HellFire.
Back to top Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Sponsor
BlackWolf germany.png

dU.Staff
dU.Staff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:46 pm

If you change the map like Godz, that the teleporters are free without doing the BT its ok for me. Give the BTs some SIN weapons as surprice as goal for each track or somthing else.
And if you change at tricky the green acid at the beginning to a teleporter which teleports you to the beginn of the small BT track then the map is back, too.
Thats the only way for me to put the maps back.

Only one thing about Impossible map,  problem is that players don't vote then they dont like a map, they leave. And if 10 players join and no one is a good BT, the stuck at the start and the server is empty. (I saw that to often...).

Greets
   Wolfi
Back to top Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Terraniux netherlands.png

UT Name: Terraniux UT Since: 1999

votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:53 pm

I see in the server list that we have a new bunny track server, perhaps put the map on that as well.
Back to top Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
HellFire netherlands.png

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:00 pm

i can do on impossible the same as tricky with the teleport, but i'm not changing more then that.
would ruin the entire map if i would just make some way that has no challenge at all apart shooting bosses with lots of health.

and for the BT server, you can get like all maps here:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

i could give you a list in PM of some cool ones.
Sponsor
Cyberia-Mix france.png

dU.Mapper
dU.Mapper

UT Name: Demona UT Since: 2000
votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:20 pm

BlackWolf wrote (View Post):
Only one thing about Impossible map,  problem is that players don't vote then they dont like a map, they leave. And if 10 players join and no one is a good BT, the stuck at the start and the server is empty. (I saw that to often...).

And how many people leave Monsters Temple HTD because it's spawnkill spam crap?

I think you haven't realized that the reason why the server's atmosphere has deteriorated over the years, and caused departure of numerous regulars, is because being too friendly towards the worst players has made them rule the server.
Allowing the famous spam maps like ATA has made a lot of people happy and crowds the server, and it has made some people unhappy and leave at the same time. You would think it's okay because there are more people happy than unhappy. It's not, because the players you gained are terrible community members compared to the ones you lost.
We gained selfish farmers, trash talkers and taunt spammers, who all are anything but friendly, and we lost the true people who helped making dUMH a coop game. You can't just ask the friendly ones to ignore the others because they're so many that their voting weight gave them the control of the server.

I tried playing MH-Impossible on the Mapping serv. Ran into a 50k HP or something pupae at the start. I'm not playing this alone. But it's fine, because Hellfire is a smart guy who surely balanced his map well for a team. After all he does a good job at giving dU quality material that is fresh air for players.
You would discard his work, yet another slap to our best community members since they're the players who will like the map the most, to protect the weaker players, the kind that never say hello and can't do a thing other than bouncing ripper blades on walls?

Of course not all players who can't handle BT are selfish idiots. I agree it's not cool that this map will make some people leave because they wanted to shoot monsters. But it's a better tradeoff than disregarding the regulars in the current context.

The good people of dU are tired that admin's decisions never go in their favor and prioritize bad people instead. They want acts that show for a change that they haven't been forgotten.
Back to top Visit poster's website
BlackWolf germany.png

dU.Staff
dU.Staff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:00 pm

As I said:

We have a Crazy Server for extrem mixed maps (BT Special Wepons and Fun Maps)
We have now a BunnyTrack Server with over 600 Maps (Possible I put the MH-BT maps on soon, too).

and we have the Main Server :
- Voice Pack free
- Extrem special weapon free
- Bunnytrack free

And this will not change as long as dU exists.

Wolfi

sign_closed

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    printer-friendly view   Thank Post
destination Unreal Forum Index General Server Chat or Problems   UT99 MonsterHunt Main Server
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: