Welcome to destination Unreal
Please sign in Here or Register
warning  Welcome to destination Unreal, To access all areas of this site please register an account by clicking here now. warning

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
CTF-UTDM-DoomsJustice Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Mon May 13, 2024 1:25 am
EvilGrins View latest post
Possible shutdown of epic game servers General Discussion EmperorHunter 5 Sat May 11, 2024 1:58 pm
Eternity View latest post
Reliving the past- about dU General Discussion Terraniux 17 Sat May 11, 2024 1:50 pm
Eternity View latest post
Mirror Universe skin Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Sat May 11, 2024 12:49 pm
female dU Player Photos male Introduce Yourself Terraniux 315 Tue May 07, 2024 4:34 am
Terraniux View latest post
Dragon Warrior Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:42 pm

MH-2ndTry[EG]Zeta

destination Unreal Forum Index New Mapping Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic 
EvilGrins usa.png

UT Name: Doppleganger UT Since: 1999 Gender: Gender:Male
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:32 am
PostPost subject:No icon MH-2ndTry[EG]Zeta

This is an edit of a map by [SPG]RIFFRAFF.

As most people play MH with some form of health/ammo regenerator, there is no ammo anywhere on this map.

First off, why Zeta? An initial release of a map, let out for testing purposes, is usually called a Beta. Thing is this is an edit of an existing map, MH-FirstTry[SPG], which may have had a Beta of its own once upon a time. So, I went another way.

This map is mostly done. There's a few more things I wanna do to it but this one doesn't need those to be played. I just want people to play it and then get back to me and tell me everything that's wrong with it. I'm sure there's like 1 or 2 or 300 things at most.

This is a 16 room map, 2 floors of 8 rooms, one level above another, with a separate room for the bosses and the exit. I mostly play MH-FirstTry[SPG] on Killerbee's server but I've seen it on a couple others. The weapons the original map didn't seem sufficient. A sniper rifle and a really warped redeemer with a rainbow attack.

I replaced the sniper rifes with 2 versions of M16's. I replaced the redeemer with DeemerFireworks. The original only had weapons in the starting room, which is mostly true here except I placed an extra DeemerFireworks near the end of the map.

At the suggestion of another, I reduced the lighting. Each room used to have 6 torches for lighting, now there's 2.

I swapped out the pupae for predators.
I swapped out the defensors for warlord hunters.
I was tempted to swap the brutes projectiles with instagib blasts... but didn't.

Saving that for another map.

There are creature factories on the 1st floor only. For predators, krall, brutes, and warlord hunters.

The original didn't have any music, now it does. Kind of a pet peeve of mine. Unless you've got your music volume really high it's not that loud.

The last time I suggested a strategy for a map edit of mine, MH-AvP][, someone nearly tore my head off. You know who you are. Anyway, going to risk it again. If you're going to play this map online with other people then you can choose to ignore this, teamwork negates the need somewhat. I would suggest you play this map without any mutator or anything that prevents the monsters from fighting each other. The predators especially, are very handy to lead to other rooms there are monsters in so they can eat them...

...having played this map enough times on my own I can tell you that if the monsters aren't fighting each other you're, in a word, screwed.

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Usual Suspects:
.umx goes in /music
.unr goes in /maps
.u goes in /system

Stuff for the final version:
- I edited the DeemerFireworks to respawn every 10 seconds. I can't figure out how to disable the music feature, it plays one of two American ballads when you pick it up and then fire it.
- I wanna eventually put bot pathing on this map, at the moment they stick to the starting room unless they're following players. Ideally as much for my own usage when I'm not playing online, as well as others that similarily don't always hit up the servers for their UT fix.

Problems
- There's a tiny glitch with the predators, that only acts up once in awhile. I can play this map 15 times or more without it ever coming up.
- The Warlord Hunters are a little too tough and once you encounter them, they will follow you relentlessly.

Ready?
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in
Back to top Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
BlackWolf germany.png

dU.Staff
dU.Staff

UT Name: dU.BlackWolf UT Since: 1999
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:11 pm
PostPost subject:No icon Re: MH-2ndTry[EG]Zeta

The Sniper  looks cool...
It can be switched between normal and night vision or 2 snipers needed? One for normal and the other for night vision?

Wolfi

Get registered or Log in
Back to top Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
test blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:11 pm

Some ingame screenshot(s) of the map itself would be useful to have.
Sponsor
EvilGrins usa.png

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:42 pm

BlackWolf wrote (View Post):
The Sniper  looks cool...
It can be switched between normal and night vision or 2 snipers needed? One for normal and the other for night vision?

Two M16 rifles, one is a sniper and it's only got the one night vision mode.
test wrote (View Post):
Some ingame screenshot(s) of the map itself would be useful to have.

I included extra screenshots in the .zip... but since you asked:

Development thread:
Get registered or Log in

Screenshots:
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in
Back to top Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Chaos blank.png

UT Name: Ch@os UT Since: 2002

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:01 am

I play this map first try lots of times on killerbee nali w2 server. i saw lots of problems with it. gas bags never stop respawning even after i use cybot fx after 1 hour they still respawn lol. also it is very easy to kill end bosses using teleporter to telefrag them also the rooms are just big square empty rooms . apart from the end room which is a big empty hexagon room .

So it is 16 empty square rooms full of monsters. and also if you get killed you must respawn at start point with no short cuts . its a very poor map , If you are editing it put some geometry in it and some good lighting to make it more interesting .
any mapper could make that map in 30 mins start to finish. i think it was a test map for the guy who made it, so he could learn how to use ued2.. But we all have to start somewhere so , not bad for a first try , but not very good to play. Hope you make it better m8  good luck.
Chaos blank.png

UT Name: Ch@os UT Since: 2002

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:03 am

Sorry not 30 mins .. this took me 20 mins to make the main structure and texture and some doors and lighting. if i added actors , monsters triggers inventory and music i would need another 30 mins . so about 50 mins to make that map i think. . sorry i am bored lol

My 20 min map

Get registered or Log in

MH-first try

Get registered or Log in
Sponsor
EvilGrins usa.png

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:08 am

It was pointed out to me the lighting was WAY too bright so i reduced it. you can still see fine but it's not like you're standing in the middle of a spotlight anymore.

I don't use telefrags in MH, a passing bow to the creators of this gametype who thought it took the challenge out of fighting monsters. Although, you're welcome to try it against those warlord hunters. They'll shred you quick.

Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in
EvilGrins usa.png

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:24 am

Whoops!
There's only been one instance of this so far but just to be on the safe side, there's a file missing from this. Most people seem to have it already but at least one person didn't.

It's monsterhunt1.utx and you can get it from here ·
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in

destination Unreal Forum Index   New Mapping Projects
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: